How hard is it to play duck duck goose, to get on the floor and play choo choo trains or to go on a walk and let my toddler run free? Well I admit, sometimes it is hard for me to do these things. It's not that I don't like to have fun with my kids, but sometimes I focus too much on getting things done. So today I had fun taking pictures of them doing the things they love to do. I only have one chance to raise these guys...so I want to give it my best shot. Life is too short to not have any fun =)
Annikka loves to go outside, play around and run free.

She also loves kitty cats. She sees them oustside our door all of the time (Our neighbor has abt. 20 of them)
Nathan loves to cook dinner with me. Here he is helping me make guacamole.
And he loves to go on runs with me =)
Saturday, November 21, 2009
When they are happy I am happy!
Posted by Melissa at 9:52 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


4 comments:
That's so funny because Wesley loves to cook with me too. If I'm cooking and he can't see what's going on he has a fit!! Is that Oreo Jr?
You are such a fun Mom. I love that they love going running with you too. I just think you are awesome for running with two kids in tow!
Ditto Tasha! I don't know how you do it running with two kids in tow! You are AMAZING!!!
Darling pictures!
It's part of being a mom trying to figure out how to balance the "things that need to get done" and the "be a kid with the kids time". I think every mother has moments when they need to step back, pick up the camera, get to knee level, and just be a kid! It is precious time that is gone all too quickly! My prayer is that my children will have enough memories of those "kid times" with mommy/daddy that they will do the same for their children someday!
Isn't it amazing how easily we forget that a little time devoted to what they want to do can be such a day changer?!? I have to remind myself to "play" with the boys. Not just be in teach mode, or task mode...but plain ole' play. I've thought of maybe setting a timer and forcing myself to devote that time just to play...hum...
Glad you let yourself be in the moment with them! It's so obvious that they love and adore you!
Post a Comment