On Saturday we celebrated Annikka's 1st birthday. Rod had the whole day off. His call the previous day was pretty bad as he was the only doctor managing a busy surgical ICU. He was exhausted by the time he came home but it was nice to all be home together on Annikka's birthday. We decided not to go anywhere since it was labor day weekend - - we knew it would be pretty crowded everywhere here in southern Cal. So we just stayed home and had a nice dinner and cake and ice cream. I attempted for the first time to make a decorative cake. I had a lot of fun making it, but little Annikka was not at all interested in eating it. Oh well :) We really cannot believe that she is one now! What happened to our little baby? I took her to her one year appointment today and she had to have multiple shots. Poor thing! There's nothing I hate more than having them tortured with shots! She weighs 20 lbs. now and is 29 inches long. Her percentiles are 40% for weight and 50% for height. We sure love our little baby girl!
Annikka as a newborn
Here is a video of Annikka deciding not to eat her birthday cake - - with Nathan screaming in the background :)
+085.jpg)




4 comments:
Annikka you're sooo big! I can't believe that our little babies are turing 1! It's been a really fast year hasn't it. Mel, I promise I'll call soon to catch up. Love you guys!!
That cake was amazing. GO you. So cute. I love how she didn't want to eat hers though. She is such a cutie!
Your creative side has come out of you Melissa....the cake you made for Annikka's first birthday was awesome. I thought at first you had someboday make it for you. It must have taken a long time to make, great job. Maybe I'll have you make a cake for Peyton's 1st birthday. Happy Birthday Annikka!! We love you!!
Annikka and Marshall were born on the same day! Isn't it amazing how fast time goes by?! I can't believe that Marshall is already one, babbling like crazy, and walking all over the place. Annikka sure is a cute little girl and I'm glad things seem to be going well for you guys! Take care! Jenny :)
Post a Comment