Monday, April 27, 2009

Living on the edge


I've been meaning to post some pictures that Rod took when he went mountain biking a few weeks ago with his uncle. I’m not sure the name of the place they went to, but it sure looked beautiful in the photos. They both said it was quite a fun trail – very long, rugged and a little dangerous in places. When they got back down to the trailhead Rod could not find his car key. He searched his pocket and backpack several times, but it was nowhere. He figured it must have fallen out of his pocket one of the three times he fell (he blames his falls on bike mechanics, not skill:). So poor Warren ended up driving Rod all the way back here to San Bernardino and back up to the trailhead again, which was way out of his way. Thank you Warren!


A view from the trail

I also had an incident with keys that same week. I managed to somehow lock myself out of the house and ended up riding my bike and pulling the kids in the bike trailer to the hospital to get Rod's key. I was very thankful that day that we live within riding distance to the hospital.
Going on bike rides is one of our favorite things to do together as a family. The kids really enjoy it.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

It's funny that you both lost your keys!! Too funny.

Julie Robinson said...

You're strong-I can barely pull Gage in my trailer :)