Friday, April 17, 2009

Easter


We are so glad we had the opportunity to attend the "Savior of the World" in Anaheim. Rod's aunt invited us to see this production that their stake put on. I wouldn't say I am really into plays and musicals, but I was really impressed with this show! They did a fantastic job! It's amazing to me that one stake was able to pull together so much talent, time and resources to put on such a production. It was truly inspiring and a wonderful tribute to the life and resurrection of Christ. I loved it and would recommend it to any of you who have the opportunity to see it. I was a little worried how the kids would act during the show, but they actually did pretty well. During the intermission many people complimented us on our "well-behaved" kids. It was a struggle to keep them entertained the whole time, just as it is in sacrament meeting. I was pleased with how well they did though

A family picture we had taken after the show


Rod's aunt Adrienne with the family



Nathan had a lot of fun last week going to Easter egg hunts, our ward party, doing Easter crafts with me and eating candy – probably way too much candy! It was so nice to have an Easter egg hunt outside this year. It was impossible last year when we were in Wisconsin because there was 2 feet of snow on the ground. He was so excited about all of the fun things he got to do. It's fun for me and Rod to watch Nathan's excitement as he experiences these things for the first time. We enjoyed a peaceful weekend together as a family at home. It was so nice that Rod got the whole weekend off too!




Nathan showing off his loot


Annikka laughed pretty hard when she watched the boys hunt for eggs

This is the paper mache egg I helped Nathan make - it was messy and a lot of fun!

A picture of Annikka we took in our flower patch - I think we killed a few flowers :)

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Cute family Melissa!!! Can't wait till we see you.

Anonymous said...

Melissa you have such a beautiful family!!

Allison Holmes said...

What cute family pics! Glad you guys had a good one!

Katie Irion said...

So glad you've updated! Love, love the pictures. The one of Annikka in the baby Bjorn is too cute. L

BradandMelanie said...

Cute picture in those purple flowers! How fun! Good to talk to you the other day :)

Julie Robinson said...

Hey the paper mache turned out good! Yours is a lot bigger than ours!

Tasha said...

So fun! That play sounded really neat. Mom my's stake is putting on Wizard of Oz right now in Huntington Beach (my mom is actaully the producer). It is amazing that some stakes can put on such huge productions. I love that you got those family pictures too. Loved all the Easter Egg fun too. This is a fun time of year :)