Wednesday, February 25, 2009

What we've been up to...

This has been a pretty good month for us. Rod is on a lighter rotation and we've loved having him around more. These are some photos I took at the park recently. I take Nathan to playgroup twice a week so he can run around with his pals. He really loves playing at the park and I really love that we can enjoy going outside this time of the year!






Rod & Nathan jammin' on their guitars


We took a picture of Annikka last night before going to bed. I thought it was funny. I'm glad she didn't pull the blanket over her face!



I went out with some of my friends to CPK to celebrate Kristen's and Tasha's birthdays last week. Happy birthday girls! I always love girls night!


Nathan had fun making a card for daddy on Valentines day. It was great to be able to spend the day together as a family. I felt bad for Rod though because I attempted to make eclaires instead of sugar cookies, which I usually make on Valentines day. The eclaires turned out horrible and were a great dissapointment! Those of you who know the Jays know of their passion for eclaires. Rod's mom supposedly makes the best ones ever. So I think I need to take a lesson from you Marsha!


Nathan loves his baby girl, or "baby goo" as he says it.


Poor little Nathan!
Many of you know of the struggles we've had with Nathan's allergies. I really shouldn't complain, but I just wish he could enjoy foods that most little kids get to enjoy. He's probably the only kid who has never had a peanut butter & jelly sandwich, a milkshake or mac n' cheese. He's probably also the only 2-year old who asks for guacamole, hummus & rice cakes on a regular basis. I end up having to make a lot of his food & I really don't mind because I think we eat healthier because of all of his food restrictions. Last year he lost 6 lbs. in two months (which is a lot for a little guy). But I'm happy to say that he is doing much better now that we have his allergies under control. He is now in the 80th percentile for weight - exactly where his dad wants him to be :) So he's obviously doing a lot better. Last week was his annual allergy appointment. We don't know if his allergies have improved yet. We will only be able to determine if his allergies have improved after a series of tests. For now we will continue to strictly avoid the allergens. Poor little guy had to have a blood draw and he went ballistic! They pinned him to the table and wrapped him in a blanket because he was screaming and flailing his arms and legs around. He was looking at me as if he wanted to say why are you letting them do this to me mom??? Next he will have to undergo a skin test. So we're still waiting for the results.

5 comments:

BradandMelanie said...

Annika is changing so much! She is so sweet. I am jealous that you can go out and play and we are still stuck indoors :(

Holly Walton said...

I love the weather down there in SoCal!! I love Nathan so much....I hope he does better. We miss you guys!!

Unknown said...

I can't believe you messed up the chocolate eclairs. That is an unforgivable sin. Tell Rodney that next Valentine's day maybe he should come to my house. Kira made me some super good chocolate eclairs. If Kira messed up the chocolate eclairs, I would feel like she doesn't love me.

Tasha said...

So fun for an update. I love all the pictures too. That trampoline is awesome. What a great find you got with that one. I feel so bad for Nathan too and his allergies. But, you are right about eating healthier. I keep trying to get my boys pulled toward more healthier foods. I am glad you have had Rod around more too. I really don't know how all you wives of these residents do it. You truly amaze me. It looks like you have all been having fun together. That picture of Nathan and his card he made for his Dad is pretty priceless too. He is such a cute kid!

Anonymous said...

I feel bad for Nathan too. It doesn't seem to bother him that much though, so that's good. I ad fun with you guys last night. THanks for having us over.