Nathan has been more naughty than nice lately - - maybe it has something to do with the terrible twos. I guess I shouldn't be too hard on him because he really is a good kid, he's just so curious - - and his curiosity has gotten him into some dangerous situations this week.
On Monday he was playing outside. I generally don't worry about him out there because there's not too much he can get into. But when he came back into the house reeking of gasoline I knew something was up. I didn't know that Rod had a can of gasoline in the garage. He was trying to fill the lawn mower. I think he was just trying to help. The gasoline was all over the place and I just hoped that he didn't drink any or pour it on anything electric. It turns out everything was fine. It just gave me a scare.
As if this wasn't enough, something else happened the very next day. Rod and I were inside talking while Nathan was outside. I realized that I couldn't hear him anymore - - which is always a sign that he is having too much fun. Rod and I went out there and saw that the garage door was open. I was struck with fear. He had somehow managed to open the garage door - he had never done this before and who knows how far away he could be? Rod ran out to catch him. I noticed that his little car was gone too. Knowing how fast he can move on it and fearing that he had headed over to the busy street, I hurried and hopped in the car and went looking. I was in such a hurry that I didn't have time to grab Annikka's car seat. I just put her in Nathan's car seat. Sure enough he was down by the busy street - on the sidewalk thank goodness! Some ladies had stopped and got out of their cars to stop him in his path. When we got there they even knew his name - it cracks me up now that he told them his name. Well anyway, the police showed up and we just looked like neglectful parents. Now I will always make sure the door to the garage is locked!!! The lessons we learn as parents! I'm just glad my little boy is okay. I didn't think of taking pictures at the time of course, but here is a picture of him cruising on his "car" that he can go super fast in.+203.jpg)
This is a picture of Nathan and his little friend Kyle during a hike that we went on a few weeks ago in the San Bernardino mountains.
+109.jpg)
My pals Lisa and Kristen+110.jpg)
Thursday, December 11, 2008
Nathan's Mug Shot - Caught in the Act
Posted by Melissa at 7:53 AM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


5 comments:
Poor Melissa! I bet you about had a heart attack with you little mischief maker - gasoline and running away from home in the same week! What next?
That sounds like a story from a crazy movie. I can't believe he figured out how to get out of the garage! I would have died. Glad everything turned out ok though!
Welcome to the world of boys! Austin escaped our yared when he was two. A transit bus driver stopped and picked him up along a busy road. He left the yard while I was pulling weeds and was wearing nothing but a diaper. LOL They keep you on your toes, that's for sure. You have a beautiful family Melissa (Lindsey thinks Rod is so cute :)
I would have been having a heart attack too! I swear these boys get into more trouble than I can handle!! And they are not trying to even get into "trouble". It does make it hard for punishing. I am glad Rod was home too, so you both were able to deal with the "running away" situtation. Both would have been in a heart attack.
I am so sorry Melissa, I have several stories like that with Kaidee. We can never underestimate them that's for sure. I am so glad that Tasha told me about your blog I had no idea that you had one.
Post a Comment