Friday, November 14, 2008

Trip to Utah

Rod had several days off at the beginning of the month so we decided to take a trip to Utah to spend some time with family. I was a little nervous to make the drive with our two kids, but they actually did pretty well. It took us 11 hrs. to drive to Springville (it usually takes 8-9). It's pretty easy driving with a newborn. Annikka just slept the whole way. It slowed us down a bit though having to stop every 3 hrs to feed her. I can't complain though. We had a great time visiting family and seeing old familiar sites. Although I am not from Utah I love going back to visit. I have very fond memories of the time I spent at BYU. I'm so glad my little brother is at BYU now - - it's fun to drop in on him. I'll take any reason I can to visit campus again! One of the highlights of the trip was going to Vernal for our nephew's baby blessing. Luke and Annikka were born on the same day - - Annikka is about 12 hrs. older than Luke. He's definitely passed her up in size though. We snapped some cute pictures of the two of them together. They were actually holding hands (with no help from us:) One morning we woke up to see that everything was covered in snow - - we were so happy to see snow again! It was so nice to breath the cool, fresh mountain air...much better than the smog we breath in southern Cal. We were sad to leave, but I'm sure we will return again soon.


Nathan's favorite thing in the world is playing with his uncles or "guncles" :) Here are some photos of a few of them (he has so many that it's hard for him to keep track). Below in order: Jeshua, Thomas and Michael (my younger bro)





Luke and Annikka holding hands (the twin cousins)


Rod brushing the snow off the van (most of the snow had melted by the time I took this picture.)


Beautiful Utah mountains!


2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yay for Utah mountains!!! I am not from Utah but i love going back there!!! It is so nice to breathe clean air.

Tasha said...

I seriously can take any excuse to go back to the BYU campus too. I love that place. I am glad your whole trip was nice. It is good to get away sometimes.