I attended the Broadcast last week on the importance of families and came away feeling that this is a cause I need to get involved in. I will be spending the next several weeks calling people in our stake boundaries to talk about proposition 8 and the importance of family. I wish I could do more, but it will be difficult to do much more with the kids. I really feel that this is a worthy cause and that we should all do what we can to support this propostion and to save the family whether we live in California or not. For information on how to get involved click on http://newsroom.lds.org/ldsnewsroom/eng/commentary/the-divine-institution-of-marriage.
I never realized before how our families will be affected if this law is passed and same-sex marriage is taught in our public schools. I consider myself to be tolerant of people and practices that are different from mine. I have always enjoyed getting to know different cultures and diverse groups of people. I think many of you feel the same way. We are being called intolerant though because we disagree with these practices. Some political leaders are trying to force this way of life onto us so that same sex marriage becomes a common and accepted part of our culture. I do not consider these people to be very TOLERANT of my views. I do not want my kids to be forced to learn that same-sex marriage is an option for them. They deserve to know that "marriage between man woman is ordained of God." It's sad to think that there's nothing we can do as parents to keep our children from learning these "values" in school if this law is passed. So let's do all we can do to protect the family!
Monday, October 13, 2008
Proposition 8
Posted by Melissa at 4:40 AM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


1 comments:
I am sad I didn't get to go to the broadcast, but at least Brian did. I feel so strongly about this too. The more I learn the more strongly I feel about it.
Post a Comment