Tuesday, September 16, 2008

Our new baby girl













Annikka Lyn Jay was born on September 5, 2008 at 6:21 a.m. She was 19 inches long & weighed 7 lbs. 7 oz. I was thrilled when I got to hold her for the first time to see that she has dark brown hair just like me. We named her Annikka, meaning little Ann in some Scandinavian languages - - my middle name is Ann. Rod also thought a Scandinavian name would be appropriate since we both have an extensive Scandinavian heritage. My mom's middle name is Lynne, so we gave her the same middle name (just spelled differently). We like how it sounds with Annikka. Rod and I adore her so much. She has already won her daddy's heart. Little Nathan loves his baby too. We are trying to teach him how to show his love - - he tends to be a little rough with her. Annikka is such a good baby. She hardly ever cries and is SO mellow, which I don't mind one bit :)





Grandma Jackie (my mom) came to help for Annikka's arrival. It was sure fun to have her here!

This is the little baby hearing test















Click to play Birth Announcement
Create your own photobook - Powered by Smilebox
Make a Smilebox photobook

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Look at all that black hair. My kids all came out either blonde or red headed! lol

The Leakes said...

Congrats on the new baby girl! She is beautiful! We had our little guy on the 5th as well, 3:47 pm. I'm glad that things went well for you! Take care! Jenny Leake :)

Anonymous said...

Hi Melissa!! Your little girl is so stinkin cute! She makes the perfect addition to your already cute family. I can't wait to see her in person. I am glad you two are doing well too.

Tasha said...

So fun to find your blog. Somehow I missed seeing you type it in on your smilebox the first time, but I keep going back to watch it because Annikka is just so cute. I am glad things seem to be going good. I love how much she looks like you!

Paul and Kimberly Morrison Family said...

Hello Jays! We just came across your blog. Congratulations!!! Annikka is such a cutie.

* Stephanie said...

Melissa,
She is adorable. I'm glad to hear that everything went well with the delivery. Congratulations!

Holly Walton said...

Mel i love your new blog. It is so cute. You have a cute little family and i can't wait to meet the little one!! Love you guys

Nielsen Family said...

Hello,
Congratulations!!!! Whow I am so behind everything,,, SHe is adorable!
Take care