Nathan informed his dad yesterday that Annikka "drank all the medicine in the bottle". We left a children's tylenol bottle on the counter since Nathan had been running a fever and we were hoping that the child-proof claims on the label were valid. But of course, not for our kids. Since we had no idea how much Annikka had ingested and to avoid having her go into liver failure we took her to the ER to get a tylenol blood level. Annikka had her own ER doctor escort her to the ER (Rod just happened to be starting a shift in the pediatric ER at the same time). So we checked poor little Annikka in and paid the $100 copay, which I was not pleased about. Once she was checked in her vital signs were taken frequently and she was closely evaluated for tylenol toxicity. And of course her daddy couldn't be her doctor, so he checked in periodically to see how she was doing. Then came the worst part - - having to get her blood drawn and an IV placed. Poor Annikka was horrified! Then we waited for what seemed forever for the lab results to come back...and it was NEGATIVE. Annikka didn't have a trace of tylenol in her system. So we turned to Nathan and asked him what had happened to the tylenol. Then he sheepishly said that he drank it. What??? He has been known to blame things on his sister recently to avoid getting into trouble. I guess his dishonesty didn't surprise me. And yes, we went through the whole process again with Nathan. It was not fun! Especially since we have to pay another $100!!! Nathan did have a lot of tylenol in his system, but not enough to be a toxic amount. So Nathan's liver is okay and so is Annikka's! I guess I should be grateful for that :)
Saturday, November 13, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


6 comments:
Is it totally wrong that this made me laugh a little!! Oh you poor mom!! Someday, a very distant day, you will look back and laugh, then when Nathan calls you 18 years from that day and tells you his son just blamed his daughter for drinking all the Tylenol you will get a REALLY good laugh!!
On a more serious note I'm sure glad they are both ok! I hoe your weekend gets better!
what a little stinker!!! i would have died to see the bottle opened and not knowing how much he or she had drank. what a night for you. i can't believe you had to pay $100 for a copay? there should be some type of discount for your husband working there. in our dreams right? hope all is well. i can't believe you guys will be done in about 6 months. and we will just be starting.
I'm sorry. This made me laugh a lot!
I feel bad for you though. Some day you will laugh about it but i'm sure it was quite frustrating at the time.
Wow! I'm so sorry! That was quite the trip to the ER. I don't know whether to laugh or cry for you.
I can't believe that happened! Silly kids!
This is hilarious! I'm still laughing, but also very thankful that Nathan is okay. I remember when I was little and was asked if I had done a certain naughty thing. I remember how afraid I was of these huge adults who had absolute power to send me to my room and ruin my entire day, and I remembered what usually happened if I told the truth. So I lied. Nathan is a smart kid. Time to start rewarding him when he tells the truth.
Post a Comment