Monday, April 5, 2010

Happy Spring!


What a wonderful time of the year! I love spring time! We have been experiencing abnormally cold weather the past several weeks here in southern California and it has been nice. I know that hot weather is right around the corner so I am trying to savor these mild temperatures. Speaking of mild, there was a not so mild earthquake here yesterday. The epicenter of the 7.2 quake was right on the Mexico-California border and we could sure feel it here. Luckily no damage was done at our home.

Since I have not made a single post for over two months I am posting photos to summarize what we have been up to recently.

Hanging out with Rod's sister Joni and her family at the beach when they visited us from Utah last week...












To the girls in our ward who are wondering, yes this is Rod's younger brother below who is going on a mission to Brazil in May.

Going on Easter egg hunts...




Dying Easter eggs...


Going on a hike in the San Bernardino mountains...brrr!


Planting a garden...






Having fun at Disneyland with Nathan's playgroup...



and with my mom & dad...






And with our friends the Nielsens...



Going to the Santa Monica Pier...




and taking Nathan to his very first Primary activity...


It has been a rough couple of months for me (and my family really), but I'm glad I've had these fun activities to look forward to and am so grateful for my family and the gospel which bring so much meaning to my life - - they make my life so sweet despite the challenges we encounter!

3 comments:

Katie Irion said...

Playgroups at Disneyland, hanging out with the Nielsens, planting a garden. . .I'm too jealous to keep looking. Loved the pics though. It is so nice to keep caught up on your wonderful life out there in paradise!

Anonymous said...

You sure are one busy mommy!!

Kira Jay said...

Loved all the pictures! Looks like you guys have been busy but having fun at the same time! I hope we get to visit soon!!!