It has been awhile since all the Jay siblings were together at the same time. Finally it happened again last week when we were in Utah. We got to spend a whole week there with the Jay clan and we had a blast! While we were there we surprised my mother-in-law with a birthday party. The Jay kids and grandkids put on a little concert for her. It was so much fun to watch them perform. Those Jays definitely have some musical talent and I hope it gets passed onto my kids.
Rod and his brothers
Here he is playing the french horn (who knew he could do this??? I didn't!)
A picture of all of us together
The Christmas beard
Rod and his brothers secretly planned to grow beards together over the holidays. They did not shave from Thanksgiving until after New Years. Let's just say that the wives did not love it as much as they did :)
I didn't get a beard photo but here they are sporting their fine mustaches - yikes!
Nathan's favorite part of the trip was the snow. He had a lot of fun sledding with his uncles and cousins. He keeps asking why his grandmas and grandpas have snow at their homes but that we don't have any here. The lack of snow makes him sad but I am sure enjoying this summery winter! No complaining here!
Tuesday, January 12, 2010
All together again
Posted by Melissa at 8:48 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


6 comments:
That's so cool that all of the siblings were together again! I couldn't find Annikka in the big family picture. Was she sleeping on Grandpa's lap?
That's fun!! i think I like Rod better without a grimy mustache!! :)
So fun!! How neat to be all together. That is funny the guys all grew beards and then went to mustaches.
Sounds like you had a great trip! I love that first picture of the conga line! That's one for a scrapbook "hint hint" ;-)
How did the 12 days of Christmas book come out?
that would be a party! i can't imagine having that many kids. i'm dying raising my two.
we miss you guys around here. the cul-de-sac isn't the same. jake has been thinking a lot about ER. i should have him talk with rod. he is either going to do ortho or ER. i'm shooting for Er because the residency sounds a lot nicer.
hope you are doing well. tell rod he has a sweet stash!
What a fun trip! I was glad you pointed out which one was Jay because for a minute, with that beard, I wasn't quite sure!
Glad that you guys had a great time, and made it back here safe!
Post a Comment