Tuesday, May 26, 2009

One long trip!


I've been out of the blogging scene for a little while now. We returned last week from a long road trip and I'm just now getting back into the swing of things. We traveled over 3,000 miles with our two little kids - - not an ideal situation as you can imagine :) By the end of the trip Nathan was asking if he could go home. We are so glad we went...we had such a wonderful time visiting family! During the trip the kids saw 15 cousins, 8 aunts, 12 uncles, 1 2nd cousin, 2 grandmas & grandpas, 3 great grandmas and 3 great aunts & uncles. Nathan also got to see 4 temples. He loves to see temples and talks about them frequently now. He was really mad in Provo when we drove away from the temple instead of stopping to walk around the grounds :)

Here are some of my favorite pictures from the trip. I will add a little at a time instead of posting them all at once

I was able to go to the Reno temple with my 3 siblings and their spouses thanks to my parents and the Jettons for watchng all 6 grandchildren. I heard it was quite a task. We really appreciate being able to spend that time together. Thanks you guys!!! I was sad that Rod was the only one missing - - he was working of course!


In this picture: my older sister Amy, me, my younger sister Holly and Michael.



This was the best picture I had of all of my parents' grandchildren. It was almost impossible to get a shot of all of them looking up at the same time.



Here is a shot of elder Struve right after his mission farewell which was on mother's day. It was so special to be able to spend mother's day with my whole family!


My mom, Michael (little Dennis :) and my dad

A picture of everyone in my family who traveled to Susanville to see Michael at his mission farewell.


My grandma (my mom's mom) holding Annikka


This is a picture of my other grandma (my dad's mom) holding Annikka near my grandpa's grave in Boise, ID. I took a quick trip out there to see her with my two kids, Holly & her baby Wesley and Michael.


Nathan and Annikka


After our visit to Susanville for Michael's farewell we headed to Utah to visit Rod's family. While we were there we got to see all of his siblings except for Pete. This is a picture of aunt Jill with Nathan kayaking at the Payson pond. Nathan loved seeing so many aunts and uncles.


These next few photos were taken on our camping trip in Hobble Creek Canyon. It was so much fun to watch all 12 of them having a good time together!


Jennie and Rod left a space for Pete since he was the only one missing.


I love these shots of the Jay kids lifting up their dad.



Uncle Thomas and Nathan. We are thankful for all of the aunts and uncles who played with Nathan and helped us keep track of him :) He is still asking about you guys.

4 comments:

Holly Walton said...

I love the pics Melissa. The one with Rod's family where Pete isn't there is really funny. I'm glad Nathan got to see all his Uncles!! :)

Anonymous said...

cute pics! I am glad that you had fun, but glad you are back!

Tasha said...

I am glad you were able to do this trip, that you survived all the driving, and it looks like had a great great time!! We are happy to have you back. It really did look like a lot of fun being around so much family!

Shenna said...

Wow, you guys have been busy! The two years go by pretty quickly - my little brother comes home in September, and it seems like he just left.