
My little (taller) sis Holly and her boy Wesley
My Big sis Amy and her family
Nathan and Rylee having fun in the water in Bug's Land
Utah
Rod had a week of vacation in July and one in August. So we decided to clump our vacations together take one really long vacation. We went to Utah first and had a blast hanging out with the Jays in Utah. We were able to attend Jared's farewell while we were there. Rod now has 3 siblings on missions!
Nathan and Annikka with their cousins at the Dairy Keen (Heber City) The Heber Creeper train yard

Hobble Creek Canyon
Rod and I had a fun date night at the Folk Festival in Springville
Susanville
Then we headed to northern California to spend some time with my family. We had fun going to Bucks lake (my girls camp when I was a YW) It was so great to go back - - so many fun memories!
Rod decided to bring the kayak down to the lake on his own!?
Kayaking is now one of my favorite things to do

Antelope Lake
My mom loves her grandkids!

Nathan loved being in the boat with grandpa
Annikka gets so excited whenever she sees grandpa
And we got to celebrate Nathan's 4th birthday with his grandparents and cousins. He loved his Lightning McQueen cake :)
Redwoods Sadly it was time to say goodbye to our families, but we had a blast camping together in the Redwoods way up north on the California coast. The kids loved it and so did we!
We had a funny incident with our tent. When Rod was getting it out he noticed that all the strings holding the poles together were cut (don't ask how that happened!?). Every single one of them! We had to think fast because it was getting dark and we didn't have a tent that would stand on it's own. We couldn't sleep under the stars with the kids and we didn't know where we could get another tent. Rod told me some duct tape would work. So I said a little prayer and the next thing I knew there was a dad with a BYU hat walking past our camp site. I asked him if he had some duct tape and he said he did. He brought it to us a short while later. I couldn't believe it! What a quick aswer to my prayer! And it worked. It's smart to include duct tape in your camping supplies!
Annikka was wandering around everywhere. So we tethered her to the cooler while we set up camp. Poor girl!
There's nothing like hot chocolate on a chilly morning!
Fern Canyon - the most lush, beautiful place!!! Actually part of Jurassic Park III was filmed here
The kids loved going over the bridges, jumping over rocks and rivers
It warms my heart when they are kind to eachother :)
The view from our campsite - the praire was filled with elk
And we made it through the big Redwood tree
We had a great time driving through the whole state of California. The redwoods and San Francisco were my favorite places. Poor Nathan didn't get to see the Golden Gate Bridge and the Bay Bride because it was dark and foggy when we drove over them. It was great to be back to my roots in the bay area :)Funeral
My dear grandmother passed away shortly after we returned home from our trip. So I prepared for another trip to Boise Idaho. Annikka and I took an airplane from LAX to Boise and we were there for less than 24 hrs. It was Annikka's first plane ride and she did pretty well. It was great to see so many of my relatives I don't get to see very often! 
My parents and sister Holly
I just had to post this picture of my parents with Elder Christofferson and Elder Malm (from Sweden) My dad is the stake President and they visited for stake conference several weeks ago. They got to spend a lot of time together.
One last trip - Arizona
We drove to Arizona a couple of weeks ago to be with my niece for her baptism. We loved our visit and and the kids loved spending time with their cousins and grandma and grandpa again.
Going on a family walk


7 comments:
Ooo tons of fun!! Where did you go camping?
you guys did a lot this summer. Those are some lucky kiddos!
Looks like it has been a good summer :)
Thanks for the update Melissa! Sounds like you're busy as always!
You did so many fun things this summer. I have so many memories from the Redwoods. We use to vacation there when I was younger.
Looks like ya made lots of memories! So where exactly is the Redwood with the car in it?
Cute pictures Melissa! I'm glad you posted the ones of us in Heber. I'm sorry about your Grandma.
I've always wanted to see a fat redwood tree. It's cool that you guys have gone camping a lot!!
Post a Comment